High Output Inductive Smart Coil. It's like the dumb coil, except it's not your mom. Nah but really, just like your mom, this thing doesnt need an external ignitor either.
*HIGH OUTPUT INDUCTIVE "SMART" COIL*
The AEM High Output IGBT Inductive Coil is a “smart coil” for applications that do not have an ignitor. This coil offers the high spark energy and voltage typical of a CDI ignition system, but delivers a long spark duration that can only be achieved using inductive coils. The coil itself is constructed to operate in harsh environments and is shock and weatherproof, allowing it to be mounted virtually anywhere.
* Massive Spark Energy, up to 103 mJ!
* Incredibly long spark duration, up to 2.9mS!
* Up to 40kV Output Voltage, without a CDI!
* Weather and Shockproof design
* Can be mounted directly to the Engine