Engine Position Module. Acura B and D Series. Honda B, D, H and F Series, Provides Engine Position for ECUs That Recognizes 24 and 1 Pattern for Crank and Cam Signals
AEM's Engine Position Module (EPM) replaces an engine's distributor and allows for the use of coil-on-plug or wasted-park ignition systems on popular V8 and Honda B-, D-, H-, and F-series engines. It provides precise engine position using dual zero-speed optical sensors, which offers the advantage of immediate signal generation regardless of engine speed. The EPM easily adapts to any positive-drive, half-engine speed device such as a cam or distributor drive, and can be used with any aftermarket engine management system that recognizes the common 24 & 1 pattern for crank and cam signals.
Installation is simple via a four-wire connection (12V, ground, crank signal, and cam signal).
* Bolt-on systems available for most popular V8 engines and Honda B-, D-, H-, and F-series engines
* Very simple four-wire connection for easy installation (12V, ground, crank signal, and cam signal)
* EPM manufactured from 6061 T-6 billet aluminum
* Output signal amplitude and waveform stay constant at all RPM
* 24-tooth crank, 1-tooth cam pattern per engine cycle for accurate timing and easy set up (Pattern available in cam/crank sensor wizard in AEMPro/Tuner)
* Shock absorbing elastomer drive system eliminates potential for ignition timing deviation and protects the EPM from vibration